Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Self Portrait



Medium, Acrylic, Latex Paint

I started this project with an image in my mind of blowing hair. I then incorporated this image into my original photograph. Before I started, I painted the entire paper with Latex paint and used various instruments to create texture. The size of the photograph was proportionate to the size of the paper, so it was relatively easy to create a grid. After I made the grid on the textured paper, I made an outline of the main features. I decided that a combination of various shades of purple, orange, and pink colors would look good on this piece. One of the challenges that I faced was trying to lighten up the image after making it too dark. Although it is still dark, I think it looks much better. I used several layers of medium to bring the piece together. The entire painting was done with my fingers. I never imagined that a finger painting could look so good. After I was done, I never wanted to go back to brushes again. This project was inspired by Chuck Close.

No comments:

Post a Comment