Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Altered Book

Cover
Front end page

Back end page

Collage

Pictured scratched from oil pastel

Figure drawing of one of my relatives

Rose painted with ink

Face made with white out and blown black ink

Scratch board warm up and contour line drawing of a bow

Figure drawing on painted watercolor surface

Calligraphy techniques on a illustration

Figure drawings on pages painted with watercolor

Idea for  a watercolor painting

Scanography project and figure drawing on a painted watercolor surface

Watercolor warmups

Skeleton drawing

Ear and lip studies

Eye and nose studies

Acrylic painting homework assignment

Marker drawing blended with water

Scratch board drawing. The right side is colored with markers.

Our altered books were a great experience. We were able to do homework assignments, free drawing, and write down ideas in them. In the next few months, I hope I can turn it into a personal art journal. One of the highlights is the cover. I painted it with white then carved it out into a vine pattern. I then went over it with watercolor. On the inside, I used ink and pages of classic books to create the end pages. 


No comments:

Post a Comment