Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Scratch Board and Digital Painting


Scratchboard, Photoshop

I really like how this project turned out, especially the eye in both images.  Varsha volunteered to be my model, and I photographed her outside as she peeked out of some branches near the trailers. Using the photograph, I first scratched the image on the scratchboard. I had to add the leaf on the left side and increase the visibility of the leaf below the other one on the right side in order to improve the composition. For the second time, we used Photoshop to enhance the images. It was much easier this time. One of things that I used to make the image more interesting was adding more colors, such as blues and purples to the greens. I used a lot of digital blending tools on the face especially. Both the scratchboard and the digital painting represent the moment of sudden surprise that comes from happening upon something unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment