Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Resolution Social Issue Photography Project





Words are included in each of my photographs to highlight the unspoken thoughts and feelings of teenagers across the country. In a world filled with controversy, many teenagers have trouble finding their own voice. They face social pressure to conform to the views of their peers, while secretly holding their own opinion. One may choose to never share their own belief. Instead, the individual may decide to keep perhaps groundbreaking thoughts and feelings locked within their own mind. The question is Why? Why do teenagers feel the need to conform? The answer is fear. Each teenager has a voice. They simply need to have the courage to vocalize it.

I enhanced each of the photographs with Photoshop. In this project, I was able to not only communicate a message, but also gather experience with working with models. The boy in the first picture is actually my childhood friend who I hadn't seen in six years until this project. I cut out the letters and then taped them to his shirt. I have to give a special thanks to Jessica for allowing me to paint on her face with Tempra. The third picture is my sister, who was graciously laid on the driveway that I had written on with black pastel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment